Another short edit from me today – this time I’m looking at party shoes. The best thing about a pair of glittery heels is that they’re the easy way to instant glamour. When the phone rings with a spontaneous invitation, all you have to do is throw them on with whatever you’re wearing, pick up your Midlifechic metallic clutch(!) and you’re party ready. The evening is yours for the taking… after all, look at what a pair of sparkly shoes did for Cinderella!
So, without further ado I’ll take you through my edit of the best I’ve found. I’ve kept the cost down on almost every pair – and the height of the heels too – although there were a couple of pairs of taxi shoes that I couldn’t resist.
Midlifechic Christmas edit – party shoes
- Pink, black and gold glitter slingbacks. I confess that these are my favourites and Mr MC has just glanced over my shoulder and said ‘wow’ which doesn’t help. I have no need for any more party shoes… really I don’t!
- Jewelled slingback Mary-Janes. This pair makes me think of the Sarah Jessica Parker range however they’re a fraction of the cost with comfortable insoles too.
- Embellished block heels. I really don’t know how they do these for the price but they’re great value and you’ll be able to stand in them and chat for a long time – as long as you don’t overdo the fizz I suppose.
- Tweed kitten heels. There’s something very Moneypenny about these shoes with their subtle fleck of silver weave and the tweed that alludes to Chanel. I know a few of you are barristers – I like to think of you wearing these in December!
- Strappy silver flats. With my practical head on I have to say that this pair is great for the winter months. You’ll be able to wear them whatever the weather – and stride out in them easily too (also available in black mock croc).
- Studded taxi shoes. Sorry – I couldn’t resist… and I hope there is at least one member of our community with a ‘what the hell…’ attitude!
- Purple stiletto mule. These are one of the best shapes for wearing with wide trousers and they’re still very on trend. Also available in in black.
- Navy ribbon-tie heels. I have a real penchant for a shoe with a ribbon tie, there’s just something so elegant about them. The detail at the ankle ensures that your foot still looks dainty despite the block heel and rounded toe so it’s a win:win. Also available in black and pewter.
- Gold shoe boot – these look so much more expensive than they are (thanks to LazyDaisyJones for bringing them to my attention on Instagram). Already an amazing price, they have 15% off at the moment – also available in black.
- Pale gold glitter slingbacks. I’ve already bought these and you saw me wearing them with a jumpsuit in my last post. They’re true to size but they’re selling out fast.
- Teal velvet with diamanté strap. Picking up the season’s trend for everything green, I can imagine these worn with a solid black outfit for a flash of colour. Also available in black velvet.
- Rhinestone block heels. These have lovely detail – they’re made from suede, leather-lined with a cylindrical heel and scalloped edging. You could easily wear them for a day in the office as well as an evening out.
So you see, you shall go to the ball… just don’t forget that it all starts to go pear-shaped if you’re not home before midnight!
Disclosure: Midlifechic Christmas edit – party shoes is not a sponsored post
Other Christmas posts you may have missed
Disclaimer: as with the majority of blogs, products featured on Midlifechic sometimes (but not always) include affiliate links. This means that if you choose to make a purchase, you are helping to support the site because a small referral commission may be paid. This contributes towards hosting fees, software costs, site maintenance and other plug-ins. Midlifechic could not exist without these small payments, so every contribution makes a big difference.