Chic Christmas jumpers 2017 edit. So I’m back again with another item that has become a Christmas essential over the last few years – the Christmas jumper. It seems to have reached an extreme this year and as I was researching this, some of the slogan jumpers that are being sold at places like Top Shop, Next and Asos made my toes curl. There are days when I am very grateful that I don’t have a teenage daughter!
However I ploughed on through and have found the nicest ones on offer. Do you need a chic Christmas jumper? No of course you don’t, particularly if you don’t work in an office. Does a Christmas jumper add a little sparkle to your Christmas? I think so. I wear mine when we make our annual pilgrimage to buy special Christmas cheeses… and when we go out as a family to see the big Christmas movie… and on the day that I spend baking Christmas goodies… and for the village carol singing and light switch on… and so it goes on. I’m surprised by how many occasions it lifts without requiring any effort. This year it is looking shabby and so I’m investing in a new one – I think I know which one of these I’m going for.
Chic Christmas Jumpers 2017, starting with the utterly Christmassy ones.
Chic Christmas Jumpers 2017 L – R, top to bottom
- Reindeer jumper: sometimes, if you’re lucky, you can raid the teenage girls department and find something lovely that doesn’t have VAT applied to it. This is a case in point. Rudolph the pink nosed reindeer anyone? I find an age 15 – 16 is usually a women’s size 12 – 14.
- ‘Mother Christmas’ sweatshirt I love this on so many levels. Firstly from a brand extension point of view. I’ve covered the Selfish Mother sweatshirts before when they were first launched to help charities supporting women. Initially they simply carried the word “Mother” and so I love the simple addition of “Christmas” to the original – so clever. Of course the other great thing is that a £10 donation from each sale is made to a charity that supports other less fortunate mothers around the world. Plus they’re sweatshirts so if you find you overheat in jumpers, these are 85% fair trade organic cotton. Selfish Mother are an official Save The Children partner this year. Also available in black and gold or here with the slogan ‘Festive.’
- Turtle neck with candy canes and pompoms – a real 3D Christmas jumper. A simpler bejewelled jumper – that will catch the light and twinkle all through the winter is available too.
- Slogan Christmas jumper. You don’t often see the word ‘merry’ as a Christmas keyword but it’s definitely trending this year.
- Christmas tree jumper. Christmas colours are thin on the ground this year but you can’t get much more Christmassy than this jumper – red with sequins and a Christmas tree. What more could you ask for?
- Christmas motifs jumper. A subdued grey background on this Christmas jumper means that the sequinned motifs have full standout. A thinner knit for anyone who feels the heat.
Chic Christmas Jumpers 2017 – moving on to jumpers that are not just for Christmas…
Chic Christmas Jumpers 2017 L – R, top to bottom
- Sweatshirt style and with a French twist. “Joie” is a lovely sentiment for Christmas that you can carry on all year round.
- Love jumper. There’s no getting away from love, especially at Christmas. I’ve featured this jumper before but it’s now been restocked. The embroidery is in a lovely metallic thread.
- Simple star jumper in a light knit, this is also available in blush pink.
- New in today – this is a soft metallic knit with sparkle lustre hems. A great length for wearing with wider trousers or pleated midi skirts, it is also available in black and silver.
- Picking up on this season’s Nordic trend, this is an alpaca blend with a flattering high neck at an unbelievable price.
- A navy knit with a scattering of pearls and sequins that you can wear all year round.
Christmas Jumper Day 2017
So hopefully I’ve found something for everyone there. Let’s not forget that Christmas jumper day was founded by Save the Children as a fundraising event. This year’s official date is Friday 15th December and all the details of how you can join in or make a donation are here.
2017’s last drop at Hush
One more piece of news, the last drop of the year arrived at Hush this morning and I want to point out a couple of things. Firstly this dress – I tried a sample on a couple of months ago and I’ve been waiting for it to come in. It’s in a very flattering navy and gold and it is picking up on the rising trend for polka dots (yes they’re coming back again). I have ordered it because it’s so easy to wear. I don’t think it will be in stock for long. Bear in mind that the model is 5ft 11 so it falls a bit longer on most people.
If you’re looking for something that will work really hard for you right through Christmas, how about this skinny scarf in black with gold stars?
Skinny scarf in black and gold (also available in black and white)
A skinny scarf is a really easy way to jazz a simple outfit up at Christmas. Here’s one of my pictures from last year. It’s a bit dark but as you can see, I wore plain black and the sparkly scarf did all of the work for me.
You can see the rest of Hush’s new collection here. And with that I will leave you – it’s tricky posting every day and I must start researching tomorrow’s post which will also include a GymCube update. Have a great Tuesday everyone.
Disclosure: Chic Christmas Jumpers 2017 is not a sponsored post
Recent posts you may have missed
Midlifechic edit: Advent calendars
A party dressing project – what to wear for different occasions
A palette inspired by toffee apples
Side stripe trousers and a midlife wedding
Leather leggings for women over 40
A cornucopia of recent outfits
Launching the Midlifechic Boutique
On children growing away – how a stair carpet floored me
How many pairs of shoes do you actually need?
The relaunch of iconic label Issa
What to buy from Hush’s Autumn collection
A guide to AW17 – the shapes and colours to look out for
Back to work – a desk to dinner project
Inès de La Fressange at Uniqlo – exclusive launch with Midlifechic